Englander 13NC Height W/short legs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattg1970

Apr 14, 2007
I want to know the Total height of an Englander 13NC with the leg kit, and If they make a short leg kit. I plan on using the stove set into a fireplace and the height of the front lip of the fireplace opening is 26 inches.

here is a link to the stove in question, the unit comes with the shorter legs we carr already (6") so the dimentions listed on the page are with the legs equipped

http://www.englanderstoves.com/13-nc.html

please let me know if i may be of further assistance

edit: i looked at your post again, he unit will be able to clear the 26.5 inch lip, the stove is lower than that by a small amount , but it would be very tight to get the liner hooked up i'd look at the insert http://www.englanderstoves.com/13-nci.html or look for a brand that offers a rear flue option, unfortunately we do not carry such a unit.

my advice is an insert over the 13-nc for this purpose, the 13-nc would fit but with difficulty, the insert would drop right in ,and perform better inside a fireplace as its designed to be there. also, if you want a freestanding model out in front of the fireplace , then there are different manufacturers who produce units which rear exhaust. im sure some of the other members will soon chime in with suggestions.

i do appreciate your interest in my product line though and should you decide on the 13-nc or an insert, i'd be happy to assist you in locating a dealer to purchase through

Thanks for your answer. I don;t know if 1/2 inch will be enough clearance to connect a liner. Has The stove been tested with shorter legs than 6 inch? or a shorter pedastal? I wonder if I shorten the legs a couple of inches if the I could install a liner to the stove? I also like the insert but I don't have the budget for that right now.

the legs with the unit are as short as we got. they have not been tested with anything shorter as we do not have any shorter, as for shortening them its technically taboo due to the "tested to" standards, let me see what i can find out , will be a while as we are shut down for christmas and i will not be in the office til wednesday (which will probably be a busy day) , i'll see if corie has any ideas, (or if you are reading htis corie , feel free to chime in)

Mike I also would be very interested in a shorter leg kit as I only have 25 1/2" clearance to the lintle. <sp> Don't want an insert as I do not wish to give up the ash drawer. For the last 15 years I've been using an old Russo smoke dragon into this fireplace. I would like to upgrade, but can't justify the Summit prices.
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.