Englander 17-VL question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolhandluke

Oct 22, 2015
arkansas
Hi everyone. I just got my new Englander 17-VL installed. I have only built a few break in fires in it but so far I love it. I just had a question about how to remove the top baffles so when the time to clean the chimney comes i will not break them with my cleaning brush. Do i just remove the secondary burn tubes and take them out like that or is there another way?

I think that is in the manual if I remember right but it has been a while. But dropping the tubes is the way to do it in a lot of stoves. Be careful with that baffle because it is vermiculite and that stuff is really brittle.

I would disconnect the air tubes now and replace the screws with stainless steel screws, the heat over time makes the current screws very brittle and sometimes they break and have to be drilled out to re install the air tubes. I learned this lesson on my old stove and my buddies NC30 last spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.