englander 24acd burn time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitepup

Jul 9, 2013
Kansas City
I have been using an old Earth stove for 20 years, and want to finally replace it with a cat stove for longer burn times.

Please help, Can seem to find any info. :( Thanks

Uh . . . do you have any specific questions about stoves with catalytic combustors?
If you have some specific questions folks will be more than happy to tell you all about them . . .

Welcome to the hearth.com by the way.

Burn time depends on a lot of factors...including type of fuel, weight of load, and how the stove is operated. Rick

Thanks for the info, but I still am not sure what the avg. burntime is. Blaze king advertises 40 hour, Regency advertises 30+, but I am not sure about the englander 24acd. Also, I have an 8" flue from using the old earth stove, doesn't look like the Englander stoves have a 8" product.

So far as I know all Englander stoves have 6" flue collars. There is a very knowledgeable and helpful member here who works for Englander. He probably knows a thing or two about this old stove you're asking about. His username is stoveguy2esw, his real name is MIke Holton. I imagine he'll find this thread and have some comments.

Paging Mike to the front desk.
IIRC Mike Holton had one of these stoves. It was suppose to be a decent burner.

i ran one in my home for over a decade, usually i saw burn times in the 7-9 hour for a full load with good oak, less with maple or other softer woods. good solid stove. if looking at a used one pay very close attention to the cat itself. make sure its sevicable as they are about $175.00 for a replacement cat.

Well, I decided to go the non-cat route, cause I could not pass up the smoking deal on the Englander NC30 thread, and this is what I went with. Burn time is 10 hours, which is pretty good for a non-cat stove. Thanks for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.