Englander 25-EP combustion blower issue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddictiveStew

Burning Hunk
Mar 13, 2013
PA
Hey everyone...

I've had an ongoing saga with trying to get my 25-EP to function properly. I think I'm much closer than I've ever been (identified leaks, replaced gaskets, did a full cleaning, etc...) but I can't help but think something else is wrong. I no longer have a dirty burn, which is great. What I do still have is massive clinker buildup. I suspect that my combustion blower is incapable of changing speed at all. I'm burning Turmans which Englander suggested I use a higher setting on. When I change the setting, nothing happens. I don't see a noticeable difference at all and I hear no audible difference in fan speed. Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? Is there a reset sequence I can do to see if it is the board? I can't imagine it would be the combustion blower itself, I'd think the board isn't controlling the speed. Just my thoughts. What do you guys think? Am I crazy and I shouldn't hear a noticeable difference in fan speed? With less dense pellets I have less of a clinker issue. Thanks!

Surprised Mike Holton and the other Englander owners haven't chimed in with advice. Do you have the manual to help with reset? They are available on-line...

So when you adjust the LBA you don't see or hear a difference?
I know that mine makes a very subtle pitch change when adjusting LBA. So subtle that if you aren't paying close attention, you would miss it.
How tight is the seal between the burn pot and cradle?
If this is tight you should see a small volcano of ash built up around the outer edges of the burn pot.
I had to choke my airwash slightly to help with air direction.

What did you do to choke your airwash? And no, I don't hear or see a difference between any settings on the LBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.