Englander 25 EP problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good. Thanks again. I gotta say, I've joined a lot of Forums, but this forum is extremely informative. Even better, no one has broken my stones for asking a dumb question! Keep up the great work.

Well I'm not supposed to tell you this but just about every one on here has asked more than one or two really dumb questions so we tend to not jump on folks too much for that, but come about February all the folks that show up with symptoms associated with an unclean stove generally get a screen full until then we are mostly level headed and civil .

BTW, welcome to the forum.

OK, another little update. I did another cleaning on the front part of my stove, just to be safe. I found a little more crud from where I missed previously. I also found the burn pot cradle to be slightly warped, the burn pot was not able to sit tightly against the cradle. I straightened it by using a small persuasion too (read HAMMER!) Until the bow in the cradle was perfectly level, and lo and behold, it runs EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get the exhaust blower gasket and clean that part. If it gets better, I'm in for a treat!

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.