1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike2rach

mike2rach New Member

Loc:
    PA
    Anyone know if this is mobile home approved and if this stove will also be made in the Summer's Heat and Timber Ridge; if so might you know the model #'s for those?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    yes the 25-EP is mobile home approved, the unit will also be carried as a summers heat 55-shpep, and 55-trpep for timberridge
  3. mike2rach

mike2rach New Member

Loc:
    PA
    thank you Mike. I ordered the 25-EP and got a delivery date of 8/12/08 and my parents ordered the 10-cpm and got a delivery date of 8/18/08. Do these dates sound right to you?
  4. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    its possible , but it may be just a bit later on the EP. the CPM should be ontime or pretty close depending on shipping and such.

be advised also , (im saying cause you asked about MH approval) you will have to follow installations instructions for mobile homes as well which include , grounding to the frame of the mobile home, definate OAK install ,and possibly bolting the unit down per HUD standards.
  5. mike2rach

mike2rach New Member

Loc:
    PA
    we have a modular so its not a big thing, with a finished basement, but because its considered a double wide I asked just to be on the safe side, thank you so much for your help
  6. mike2rach

mike2rach New Member

Loc:
    PA
    my parents just got a call to change there delivery date from 8/18 to at least Oct 1st. I wonder what my dates going to be changed to
  7. mrbreakit

mrbreakit New Member

Loc:
    Central Ma
    Hi all newbee here

I have been reading the posts on the 25-EP and was how you were able to order it? I have checked both Lowes and HD but neither new anything about it. The HD website has it listed but shows as sold out. I am looking to buy in the next 2 weeks and would prefer this model.

Bill
  8. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    mike i expect your date will be changed to that as well , im hearing oct 1st now on that unit from the production side as well.
  9. stoveguy2esw

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    bill,
    it looks like it will be october before that unit hits the stores. depot does have it on their website , but it appears they were incorrect as to when the unit would come available (which probably why they are now listing it as out of stock) i will update if i find out they will come available earlier, but i do not at this time think they will.
  10. mrbreakit

mrbreakit New Member

Loc:
    Central Ma
    Thanks for the update and info on the 25-EP
    My wife and I were worried about waiting and risking high demand shortages.
    With winter just around the corner, we decided on and purchased the 25-SHP-10
    Now the big question, fuel. Hardwood or Softwood pellets?
    The local store has Spruce Point (soft) and Quality One (hard).
    I have not been able to find any comments on either brand.

Thanks again for your help

Bill
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.