Englander 25 PDV combustion blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi all.the new stove has been running now for almost 2 weeks and giving off great heat .(OAKIES)however ,i've noticed a noise thats seems to be coming from the combustion blower.its a shuddering/vibrating kind of sound and i get it about every 2/3 minutes.i've noticed that when the noise occurs the fire realy changes.it goes from high to low and changes in color too.the blower seems to run high then low,high again then low.getting a lot of fly ash and sparks flying around too.remember my stove has only been running for less than 2 weeks.has anyone experienced anything like this.

I stopped into south shore pellet today in Hollbrook,Ma and yes,they were great to deal with.they even gave me the number of an independent service guy,which is great to have since Englander has no one in the area.i got 5 bags of barefoot and 5 bags of the lignetics green lable.the ligs are a hardwood/conifer sawdust mix.the oakies,being softwood were awsome so it'll be interesting to see how the hardwoods burn.what should i expect if anything.

Anyone on Bostons south shore looking for a blower/vac should check out home depot in avon.i just picked up a Poulan 25cc 200mph/430cfm gas for $50.over stock from black friday .regular price $100.
if its too awkward to work with on the stove cleaning,i have 3 acres of leaves to deal with every year so it wont go to waste.i doubt they'll last very long at that price

you're the best Mike.glad you were on tonight.can relax a bit better for the weekend now

Status
Not open for further replies.