1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander 25-PDV Constant Loud squealing

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Chris04626, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Chris04626

Chris04626 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine
    This morning my stove starting making the god awful LOUD noise. ANy thoughts on what it could be

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Harvey Schneider

Harvey Schneider Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southbury, CT
    Motor bearings or auger bearings. If it's continuous that rules out the upper auger and it's motor. Does it change when you change the convection blower speed? Is it present before the convection blower starts ? I would bet on blower bearings because the augers are too slow to make much of a squeal. You could use the diagnostic mode to check which motor is making the noise.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

Oil on the bearings will temporarily quiet it, but once motor bearings start to squeal, the end is near.
  3. Chris04626

Loc:
    Maine
    some times it a higher pitch than others, then it will cut out for a quick second and then start again. I turned it off as soon as it started doing it.

I will try diagnostics
  4. Chris04626

Loc:
    Maine
    Ok i just did the diagnotics and it never made that noise on either of the settings,
  5. donbryce

donbryce Member

Loc:
    NB Canada
    My 25PDVC makes lots of noises if I don't scrape the carbon build-up off the lip of the burn pot feed tube. It doesn't take much to get the auger to squalk/squeel/groan. I scrape every night before shut-down, depending on where the auger stops. Build-up is greatest between 2:00 and 8:00 o'clock (facing the tube, of course).
  6. Chris04626

Loc:
    Maine
    well i cleaned out the stove again, vacuumed the hopper started it up and so far is running without noises. Odd
  7. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    I heard a loud groaning noise once. It sounded like a large pellet getting the squeeze all the way down the auger tube.
  8. jim3854

jim3854 Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    Sounds like the exhaust fan. Room blower wont come on until its hot. Doubt its the augers
    Greg T likes this.
  9. CTguy9230

CTguy9230 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northwest CT
  10. Chris04626

Loc:
    Maine
    Been running fine ever since without noises. When i clean it next ill scrape extra hard on that