Englander 25-PDV Constant Loud squealing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motor bearings or auger bearings. If it's continuous that rules out the upper auger and it's motor. Does it change when you change the convection blower speed? Is it present before the convection blower starts ? I would bet on blower bearings because the augers are too slow to make much of a squeal. You could use the diagnostic mode to check which motor is making the noise.

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/diagnostic_mode04.html

Oil on the bearings will temporarily quiet it, but once motor bearings start to squeal, the end is near.

some times it a higher pitch than others, then it will cut out for a quick second and then start again. I turned it off as soon as it started doing it.

I will try diagnostics

My 25PDVC makes lots of noises if I don't scrape the carbon build-up off the lip of the burn pot feed tube. It doesn't take much to get the auger to squalk/squeel/groan. I scrape every night before shut-down, depending on where the auger stops. Build-up is greatest between 2:00 and 8:00 o'clock (facing the tube, of course).

I heard a loud groaning noise once. It sounded like a large pellet getting the squeeze all the way down the auger tube.

My 25PDVC makes lots of noises if I don't scrape the carbon build-up off the lip of the burn pot feed tube. It doesn't take much to get the auger to squalk/squeel/groan. I scrape every night before shut-down, depending on where the auger stops. Build-up is greatest between 2:00 and 8:00 o'clock (facing the tube, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.