Englander 25- pdv e-2 code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eblimm

Nov 28, 2020
New york
Hi i have an englander 25-pdv that i bought used after it running for a week or so i started to have a problem with the top auger not turning. After blowing out the blower and exhaust fan i got the top auger to work consistently. Now whenever i try to start it i get an e-2 code even though i have a good flame that stays burning even after the stove shuts down. Any ideas?

Inside the back of the stove. check the vacuum switch that is on the rt side of the stove (as you face the front of it, . Check the hose for holes or cracks and a snug fit. Actually check both hoses. There is another connection on the exhaust housing. Just to the right of the burn pot is the vac port mak sure it is clear and not plugged with ash.

pull the wires off the vac switch Rt side as you the face stove (remember witch terminals they come off of) hook them together with a paper clip or wire "do not let them touch anything else they are 120VAC. start the stove and see if it runs normal

Reactions: Mt Bob
Also check your heat / temp sensor. Its the braided cable on the control board. If its not seeing anything, it will tell the stove that it didn't fire and put it in shut down mode. It may just be corroded and need a good cleaning on the end that attaches to the stove.

Eric

Reactions: Ssyko