Englander 25-pdv factory reset instructions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeezeeg

Feb 11, 2014
New York
I have the 25-PDV (E) manufactured 07/05 and it is giving me problems with continuing to run - I'm hoping I just need to reset to the factory default but need the instructions. I'm new to here but see that Mike is the go-to-man :)

Both motors seem to be working - the auger is moving - every so often I get an E-3 message but have been hitting the on button and it goes away & the unit continues to run. I have the bottom row set to 6,4,1 (just did that today) and I usually run it on a 1/1 setting.

The stove is overheating. move the convection blower setting to 2 or 3 (second of the upper number displays) and the problem should go away.

What he said.

Thank you. We ended up resetting to the factory "D" setting along with 6/4/1, cleaned out combustion blower, adaptor & pipe and things seemed good, but after 15 minutes the lower auger stopped feeding, the lower motor stopped working & it was super hot!!!!

Have you scraped the carbon out of the front of the lower auger tube at the firebox?

Good luck. Carbon builds up in the end of the lower auger tube over time. Had to scrape mine yesterday when the auger started groaning at me.

With the lower buttons set to 6-4-1 and with the heat set to 1 you need to run the room blower at 2 or 3 to stop the overheat (E-3).

Mine would overheat when I would forget to clean the wire cage on the convection blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.