Englander 25-PDV Feed Tube Grinding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jra146psu

Nov 18, 2008
Harborcreek, PA
I don't have a pic yet, but can provide if requested. My problem is that when doing my cleaning this year I noticed that the bottom of my feed tube is severely worn at the bottom from the feed Auger. I have to scrape alot of carbon buildup after each bag of pellet also. It is to the point now that the bottom right is worn to a sharp edge. The rest is still the same thickness, about 1/8" thick. I always hear it grinding in a cyclical pattern. Anybody else have this problem and be able to correct it? I think I need to buy a new feed tube at the end of this year if it keeps up at this rate. This will be my 3rd winter using and bought this stove used, but was only used for 1 season before I bought it and the tube didn't show any signs of excessive wear.

You might want to give Mike Holton at Englander Tech a call and run the problem by him. Maybe there is a way to adjust the auger position in the flight so it doesn't wear so much??

Mike Holton 1-800-245-6489 Ext. 131

Also, according to your info, there is a "missing" 4 year period for the stove....was it in storage when you bought it? Are you sure it's an '03 model?

If you do call Mike, have the serial number handy...they can tell when the stove was built.

It was supposedly installed in a garage and not used much before I bought it. When I bought it, it was is good condition and didn't have signs of excessive use.

~*~vvv~*~ said:
pull the auger ...... auger might be bent also?.......guessing

Good idea Pook.....very possible if the previous owner got a pellet jam and used "force" to get auger out.

Regardless though, the fact that the auger wore almost 1/8" of steel off at one point leads me to believe that the stove got more use than the previous owner indicated.

Again, as I mentioned above, a call to Mike at Englander might shed some light on the cause.

If the augers aren't bent, you might just need to realign the augers.

There is a procedure for this.

SmokeyTheBear said:
If the augers aren't bent, you might just need to realign the augers.

There is a procedure for this.

My thinking as well.

I would pull the auger, check the auger bearing, clean off any carbon buildup and then realign. Search the archives for the alignment procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.