Englander 25-PDV General questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjschnelle

Jan 20, 2012
Butler, PA
Okay so to start out, everyone who posted on here with settings, adjustments, tweaks, and general voodoo, thank you. I was able to get everything squared away with the stove we bought from a friend.

So here are a few additional questions:

1) Now that I have it burning down to ask and holding the basement at 70, about what is you rate of consumption? I am burning about 7/8 to 1 bag per 24 hours. (this is a 2001 manual light model)
2) I switched the burn model to D and have the OAK hooked up but am noticing that is doesn't really burn down to ash at setting 5 and above. Is this normal? Or am I just watching it too closely and need to give it a few hours to "work it out"?
3) For those who have one, how hot will the thing get your house, or living space, in a 1 hour burn at 9 and 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.