Englander 25-PDV, is this normal glass soot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortalis

Nov 15, 2014
Southern Mass
I wanted to ask if anyone else using a 25-PDV has the has the same glass soot and/or pattern on their unit front window. If not what does it indicate? I clean the door glass everytime I clean the ash but my wife doesnt. I would say this about two or three days worth of burn.

Our normal run setings now with temps in the teens and below is 3/2 or 3/3. I'm thinking of going up to 4 or 5. Also I've read that after setting the burn to 3 or above that the blower speed is automatically adjusted by the unit. Is this something that I shouldnt bother with once I go to burn 3+? 20150129_044819_resized.jpg

i bet if you kicked it on high for a hour or so the class would clean off a little. and ya the stove is designed to up the blower speed automatically so you don't over fire the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.