Englander 25-pdv issues- resolved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drivfour

Mar 22, 2011
foothills colorado
Thanks to this forum, the stove I recently bought is working far better.
I thought I would share the multiple issues, as I almost gave up. I bought the stove used. Guy selling it said it worked fine, just could not keep up with his 1800's non-insulated house.
brought it home and hooked up 3 inch outside air and 4 inch exhaust. cleaned it out then started it. fire was fine but no hot air. vent fan completely clogged with dust.
nope- still not heating 1000 sq ft room. duty cycle on top auger was 5 on 11 off. I did factory reset, put 6-4-1 into stove- still not hot enough. wedged back plate fulling against back wall and discovered that although I could not find duty cycle for mode C, it was stated mode c hotter than D. air temp coming out of front 140F at fan 9.
set to mode D and measured auger cycle- feeds pellets about 9-10 seconds in 16 second cycle. air coming out now about 170F. Checked thermostat for fully on.
blower speed does change slightly but speed one is not drastically lower than 9

Any other items to reset?

Did you pull and clean the combustion motor?...If the convection motor was clogged, chances are, the combustion motor is too.

You'll need a new gasket, to do that...

Leaf blower trick it, afterwards.

...and...if you turn the room blower "lower", it will blow warmer air, as the firebox, gets a chance to get hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.