Englander 25-PDV - Not heating well?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph2078

Nov 15, 2008
MA
Hello!
New owner of this stove and it seems to be working properly but not really heating the house much! I have a 1629sq ft home and have the 2200sq ft stove which I thought would be just fine. It's only been down to the 40's and when the stove was running on hight (9) for an entire day, my home temp would not go above 65 degrees! Doesn't that seem crazy? You can feel the heat coming out... and the room it's in seems semi comfortable. It's in the middle of the house..... and you can feel the temp drop drastically when you go into another room. My thermostat is just through a door way on the wall in the living room so it's actually very close to the room with the stove and it's just not going up! We hoped to have this as primary heating since oil is so expensive! I have a 17 month old and baby due in dec and we are going to freeze at this rate!

-Should the heat & blower range be on the same number?
-My husband may have tampered with the bottom three buttons set by the factory before realizing not too. Can they be reset or would they have any effect on the stove not working as well?

Any other suggestions? I am confident that it was installed correctly... the pellets feed, burn and blower is all working.
I have read about issues with this model - but mainly things breaking etc. No one seemed to have a problem with the actually temp and some said it got so hot they need to shut it down sometimes.

HELP!

Thanks
Stephanie

Steph,

Your not the first person to complain about this issue recently. If you just bought it at HD or Lowe's you should probably return it for a new one. This seems to be the fastest way to resolve the problem. If you search this forum you'll see other folks complaining of this same problem.

what is your pellet consuption rate , (how long is a 40 lb bag lasting? ) have you been in contact with my service department? if not call us and let us discuss this and determine whats happening. actually i will have people in the office tomorrow (me included ) from 10 to 1 eastern. give us a call i imagine we could get to the bottom of this and advise you what to do to get the heat you are looking for

Thanks Mike - I'll try calling tomorrow. I called last week all day and got a busy signal. But since the temp isn't too bad right now we haven't been running it. I am not exactly sure what the consumption rate is yet since we haven't had it running consistanly for several days yet. We've used about 4 bags in the last two weeks off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.