Englander 25 pdv OAK Flexible Aluminum Duct 2"??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stihl029

Hearth Supporter
Jan 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I have an Englander 25 pdv, and I have the AOK kit installed, but the flex aluminum duck is to short and ripped. I have my stove installed in the basement of a raised ranch, and need more then the 6 foot provided. Anyone know where I can get this? Lowes and everyone seems to sell the 3", but this seems to be a 2" diameter duct. Any ideas? I just got done cleaning out the stove, taking the combustion blower, and room air blower off to clean and replace gaskets, and the duct that I had with the kit ripped when I tried to re-clamp it to the stove. Its just not long enough. Any help would be appreciated.

Where are you in Upstate NY? We stock 2-3/8" (for Harman stoves) - which should work for you -
at our warehouse in Green Island - across the Hudson River from Troy.
PM me if you need to get there.

yep....try an auto parts store. It's used to heat the air intakes on older cars with carburetors.

Just in case you want the exact same as the original, you might call Mike Holton and the guys at Englander Tech service and see if you can buy a longer replacement piece.

Stihl said:
I have an Englander 25 pdv, and I have the AOK kit installed, but the flex aluminum duck is to short and ripped. I have my stove installed in the basement of a raised ranch, and need more then the 6 foot provided. Anyone know where I can get this? Lowes and everyone seems to sell the 3", but this seems to be a 2" diameter duct. Any ideas? I just got done cleaning out the stove, taking the combustion blower, and room air blower off to clean and replace gaskets, and the duct that I had with the kit ripped when I tried to re-clamp it to the stove. Its just not long enough. Any help would be appreciated.
slide the 3" over the 2" & foil tape the gap

Thanks for the reply's folks. I'm going to try the automotive store tomorrow if I don't hear from Englander. The slipping the 3 over the 2 is a good idea, but i already have the 2" OAK kit installed..Might make it a lil bit of a pain, but something to consider..ty

Since it is a cold air intake wrapping it with foil tape from the hardware store will do just fine. But the tape probably costs as much a a piece of intake pipe at the auto parts store.

You could also use an automotive exhaust reducer to make the connection... my installation kit had one for the oak...

Hello

I had the same problem hooking up my Avalon Astoria in the middle of my basement. I used the original center chimney in my house so the heat would be central and heat the whole house which it does. So the OAK was a real problem since most are only 6 feet. So I went to Fireplace Village >> http://www.fireplacevillage.net/contact-us.htm they have a 15 foot 2" flex Aluminum chimney liner that works perfectly for that! They can probably ship it to you since they only have them in their warehouse usually.

See pic below of OAK flex Aluminum line next to pellet pipe and covered with Fiberglass Pipe insulation!

Attachments

• PelletStoveBackplane&connectionSC201.jpg
    PelletStoveBackplane&connectionSC201.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 295
i do remember a post where the intake hose was frosting! due to cold air inside the tubing & a room humidifier. maybe code requires al hose but i use a plastic vacumn cleaner hose for mine which is conveniently disconnected for when kitty lays behind the stove exudes odiferous olfactories or i smoke or the place stinx & i want ventilation. INHOUSE/OUTHOUSE testing recently guesstimated that the PDVC blew ~10cfm when blowing cold air & set on lowest setting & thats 600 cfh. 1 cubic foot of air @20*f will require .6BTU to warm to 70*f so
600 x .6= 36o btu heatloss from not using the OAK. If the stove aint running, the OAK & exhaust pipe provide a lovely air loop for outdoor air to flow thru & cool the stove off & entice condensation of room air. when stove aint running, i put a plastic cap on the combustion air intake. fluepipe still allows cold air exchange with outdoors but the loop aint there.

krooser said:
yep....try an auto parts store. It's used to heat the air intakes on older cars with carburetors.

Or recirculating hot air from the manifold to the injectors...i think this is what they call the "winter package" on my volvo 850

Status
Not open for further replies.