Englander 25 pdv pre 2004 model, Room Blower not running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mac1sbi

Jan 31, 2011
Ohio
The Exhaust blower runs, I have disconnected the wires to the Room Blower and directly connected the blower to a 110 outlet and it starts right up, the temp sensor seems intact with no breaks in the wiring. I disconnected and checked the wires and contact point for the sensor. I have tightened the Blower ends that connect to the Control Board. When I start up the Englander pellet Stove the exhaust blower runs and then goes to E after about a minute and shuts down, the room blower never starts up, hums, does anything. I am guessing its the temp sensor which is $20 or the board which is $220. The fuse looks unblown. And I have read that the fuse doesnt seem to govern the whole board (room blower/exhaust fan, etc). The Stove has been sitting around for a year and was not run. Any testing or direction would be appreciated. Everything else seems to be in good working shape, auger turns, etc...

Typically when you start the stove, the room blower won't start up until the stove reaches a certain temperature. When my stove is running on low, occasionally, the stove cools down enough that the room blower will actually turn off for a few minutes.

I don't think your problem is with the room blower. If you are getting an E code (Does it have a number associated with it too??) that quickly, it is probably a vacuum issue as stated by Ed. Check the door gasket, and window gasket to make sure they are in good condition. I've seen that many times the tube that attaches to the vacuum sensor disconnects from the fire box. Make sure its connected on both ends and not cracked. Also, pull off the combustion blower to make sure that isn't blocked up. If your blower or exhaust is plugged, no vacuum will be generated in the stove. Be prepared to replace the combustion blower gasket when you remove it. It falls apart easily.

Good luck.

JMC said:
....The Stove has been sitting around for a year and was not run. Any testing or direction would be appreciated. Everything else seems to be in good working shape, auger turns, etc...

Was this YOUR stove that you just decided to not use for a year, or a used stove that you just bought? When was the stove COMPLETELY cleaned last? (blowers removed & cleaned, ash traps cleaned, firebox & pot cleaned, augers removed & auger flights cleaned, etc, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.