Englander 25 pdv question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stihl029

Jan 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I have an Englander 25-pdv. Bought it brand new a week ago, and so far its been running great. I did call Englander to have the low fuel feed changed because the stove was cooking me out of the room, and its been great ever since, except the pellets now seem to burn to a hard crusty mass when I do my daily cleaning instead of a nice fine ash like I had the first couple of days. Do you guys think I need to change the low fuel AIR to make them burn more fine? Or do I have a pellet fuel quality issue? My settings are Low fuel feed = 3....Low fuel air = 4...I'm burning the premium hard wood Bare Foot brand pellets. Thank you!

I have a 25 pdv I can't get good heat out of it on 8 feed 9 blower. I burn Lignitics pellets. May I ask what you set up and placement in the house, Drafting....Etc.

Wow, you must be going through a lot of pellets on those settings. I've had great luck in heat output of this unit, to the point I have to slow it down. I live in a raised ranch about 1900 square foot of living space, I have the stove downstairs in a corner. I used a 3" Simpson Dura-Vent from home depot with a couple added pieces I bought from the local hearth store. I did a basement installation, came out the back of the stove, installed the cleanout and tee, then went up about 8 feet, then an elbow, directly to the outside 18" or more away from the home.(less then 3 feet of horizontal run) I made sure to seal all the joints with heat sealant and I seem to have a good set-up this way. I also installed a 3" air intake. I would have to say that if your using premium hardwood pellets and not getting good heat out of the stove you have some other major issues. I'd call Englander Monday morning and talk to a rep and they would be able to help you figure things out.

bump up the low burn air to say.... 7 and see what that does for your crusting, as for the second poster , we apparantly need to talk , call me at my office next week if you can to discuss , i'll see if i can figure out whats happening for you to be running that high and not getting heat doesnt make sense, by the way , how long is a bag lasting you in your unit (second poster) oh , my number at work is 800-245-6489 , im in from 8-6 eastern through thursday this coming week but im not in friday as im heading to atlanta for HPBA

Thank you for the response Mike, I'll do that and re-post tomorrow as to the results. Its your customer support and the ability for me to clean and or take this unit apart that sold me on the Englander. And I'm not Mr. handyman by any means..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.