Englander 25 pdv upper auger not turning/feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

Jun 5, 2013
Central NY
Happy New Year Everyone!

Just did a major cleaning leaf blower and all. Upon startup I discovered my stove is not feeding pellets. Throws an E2 code. I can here a clicking form the back of the stove. Sound like its coming from a vacuum sensor? I tried lifting the auger motor a few times and the pellets fall down but the the motor does not turn. The bottom auger is turning. help!!

All input is appreciated

Thanks Nick

You may have ruptured the diaphram in the vac switch with the leaf blower. If I were doing a leaf blower cleaning I would disconnect the vacuum hoses first. I would certainly make sure that the door remains open all the time the blower is running.
Try bypassing the switch and see if it will feed pellets. You can't leave it running this way, because the vac switch is a safety device. This is just to confirm that the switch is the culprit.

How do I bypass the switch for a test? Thanks
First take a picture so that you can restore it to the original condition when you are done.
Find the vac switch that has a lead going to the auger motor and lift it's leads. Connect the leads together with a paper clip. Caution there is line voltage on those leads. Make sure thay are not going to short on anything.
Alternatively you could check that the switch closes it's contacts when you provide gentle vacuum on its hose.

Ok now I have a bigger problem. I went to pull the vacuum hose off to make it is clear and the vacuum stint broke off! Anyone ever have this happen?

Ok now I have a bigger problem. I went to pull the vacuum hose off to make it is clear and the vacuum stint broke off! Anyone ever have this happen?
You should still do the test to see if the stove works with the switch bypassed.
It isn't clear what you just broke off. If it was the nipple on the switch and the switch was bad, no loss.

No it was the inlet to the fire box that has a vacuum hose attached.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.