Englander 25 pdv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
I noticed that when I open it when its running to clean the firepot and to scoup some ash out from the sides once in a while I get a E3 code. But only when I do it while it is running. ANY CLUES ?

Maybe because they don't want you to open the stove when it is burning??

Why not shut it down wait for fire to extinguish and then remove some of the ash and scrap your fire pot then turn it back on? Try that see if you still get your E3 code.

I don't know about the Englander, but my stove gives you about one minute with the door open before it shuts down with a vacuum failure. So, I would have to be fairly quick about cleaning the pot. YMMV.

I don't know about the Englander, but my stove gives you about one minute with the door open before it shuts down with a vacuum failure. So, I would have to be fairly quick about cleaning the pot. YMMV.
The problem here is that an E-3 code is for over temp, not vacuum.

Could it be that things aren't plugged in where they are supposed to be. It sounds like the over-temp switch and a vacuum switch are swapped on the control board. I would trace out the wiring against the diagram on the ESW website.

Reactions: heat seeker
Status
Not open for further replies.