Englander 25 pdvc "3 bottom buttons"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orangecrushcj7

Feeling the Heat
Jun 30, 2008
Barre MA
I know that these buttons are "preset from the factory and shouldn't need adjusting", but what exactly are they for? What do you do with them? I can't find anywhere on their website or in the manual what they do. What happens if I push them?

This is an exceprt from a forum post of Mike Holten of Englander Stoves: "the low fuel feed setting is 6 , the low burner is 4 and the air on temp is 1 unless the unit is an 05 or older."

The buttons control the fuel and air for the low settings on your stove.

So I could contact Mike or someone else at England's, and they can lower the "lowest setting"? I have been burning the stove on 1 from midnight to 7 am to keep the house at least 70 overnight (we have a 10 month old baby) - only problem is it gets up to 75 before 7am! Even on the lowest setting, its pumping out too much heat when it is in the low 40's at night.

Absolutely contact Mike or call Englander using the 800 number on your manual. Mike's email is [email protected].

Good Luck

Yes, call the 800 number. I had a problem when I accidentally hit one or more of those buttons and jacked up the feed greatly. It was burning pellets like crazy. For the first few hours I thought I had found the magic pellets that had super BTUs. Called tech support and they fixed me up. They will walk you thru it. I will probably need to turn mine down till the weather gets really nasty. If you can, post the lower feed numbers. Thanks.

Do a search here for "bottom buttons" and you'll likely find more info than you ever wanted to know about them! lol But you should call Englander and talk to someone in tech. They should be able to get you fixed right up without a lot of trial and error....we don't want that little one to get cold. :)

I searched last night, and came across a post from Mike Holton explainig what they did. So I experimented last night by turning the "low fuel feed" down from 6-5. I left the "low burn air" alone. it was still 74 this morning, but I attribute that to the warmer weather overnight. I noticed it burned less pellets, so thats a step in the right direction.

My work hours are the same as tech support, so I can't call them and actually be at the stove. For anyone who turned the LFF down, do you also turn the LBA up or down accordingly?

BTW, I haven't seen Mike on here in a while...

natnyer said:
6 4 1 and move the plate at the bottom of the hopper to half. works for me.

do you have a 25 pdvc?

Status
Not open for further replies.