Englander 25-PDVC / 55-SHP10 rumbling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preserved Killick

Dec 25, 2014
Amherst, VA
My stove often rumbles when a new batch of pellets gets pushed into the pot, even a little on 1-1. Stopped Englander and talked to a tech who said my horizontal run was too long. Now the three inch pipe goes up to a Tee in the 6 in stove pipe about 18 inches from the chimney, which has enough draw to make a wood stove roar. On a 2-2 setting it is not as bad which makes me think the low burn is off settings, but the pulsing is bad enough to make the flues rattle on high settings. The flame pulses too.

Is this particular to or worse for this model? Is the exhaust blower too weak?

Thanks,
jh

Do you have a oak hooked up? If so it's coming from the oak if you do a search of pdvc rumble mike from englander has a post on how to cure this with a piece of tape over the oak hook up.its a very common thing with the pdvc mine does it also

Check your hopper lid.. When you latch it and can still push it down a little you need to adjust it, it needs to be tight, it can rumble cause air gets in threw the hopper and down threw the augers into the fire

Status
Not open for further replies.