Englander 25-PDVC / 55-SHP10 thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preserved Killick

Dec 25, 2014
Amherst, VA
I recently installed a Englander 25-PDVC / 55-SHP10 pellet stove and I am adding a thermostat. The owner's manual makes the ambiguous statement "The unit will operate differently once the wall thermostat is connected ..." It also recommends a 9-9 setting. So does this imply it just goes back and forth between 1-1 and whatever the controls are set at when the thermostat closes? I suppose since the shutdown takes so long it would spend a lot of time in start up and shut down if the fire really went out.

Thanks,
jh

It goes back and forth from 1-your room blower setting to whatever you set for your heat range-your room blower setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.