Englander 25 pdvc-55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hobert

Jan 1, 2017
Denver,ky
Englander 25pdvc-55
Cleaned both exhaust and circulation fans.
cleaned inside out of stove.
but still getting E2 code.
top auger motor not turning.
what have i over looked.

top auger not feeding pellets.

i switched wires on auger motors put top motor wires on bottom /bottom on top top motor now works but bottom doesn't.
fuse reads 000 on meter.

You don't mention cleaning the venting - that needs periodic cleaning, too.

Does it light up then go out or does it not light at all. If it lights and goes out , check the hopper switch. If the switch fails the hopper auger will not turn because it thinks the lid is open

E-2 error code for my PDV just means failure to start. You'd get that if an auger is not sending pellets. If you have switched the wiring from top to bottom and gotten the top to work, I would guess a wiring issue. You may want to try changing the wiring at the control panel to see if the panel has power there. Also your lid has a switch in it, and will not feed pellets if the top is open, or your seals are real bad.

Englander 25pdvc-55
top auger not feeding pellets.

fuse reads 000 on meter.

Cleaning is probably NOT your problem. Pellet feeding IS!

Hopper lid has a safety switch, which shuts off top auger when open. Make sure this switch is working properly.

Was fuse removed from circuit? To properly test a fuse, remove it from the holder then test it.

Glass fuse? You can easily see if it is blown after removing it.

Bill

Did you get it working?

If not, you might try to call Englander support. I've never had the opportunity but everyone says they're very helpful... once you get to talk to some one - it's a busy time of year for them.

Sounds like something is interrupting the signal to the top auger. Vacuum switch, hopper lid switch, or high limit switch. I think those are it. Otherwise could be a bad control board.

betting its the vacuum switch. if it were hitting the high limit switch then it would at least run for a while until the temp built up. I do have periodic issues with my high limit switch if i dont keep it super clean and blow out the convection fan as well.