Englander 25-PDVC blower smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearphishing

Dec 15, 2013
Southeast MA
I have been running my new stove for about 2 weeks now and so far so good. I have tested out a few different brands of pellets but settled and grabbed a ton of the Pure Fire from TSC after I was satisfied with their temp and ash deposit. My friend's family owns a small store down here and they are one of the few places to carry Okanagan pellets. I was VERY impressed with these pellets, but for $90 more a ton than the Pure Fires I couldn't bring myself to do it. When I first got the stove it took about 6 hours to burn off the oils and cure the paint as I expected. I usually keep the stove on 3 and 5 and as I was burning a bag of Okanagans today I had the stove on 6 and 8 because it was single digits last night and these definitely burn hotter. About an hour into burning, there was an odd smell coming from the room blower that is very hard to describe and didn't smell like the initial burn off. It was a very similar smell to an oven while the self clean function is being used. I let the stove run for 4 more hours on that setting but the smell continued up until I turned it back down to 3 and 5. Any ideas???

I am not positive on this but I think it is just the "burn off". I installed a new PDV from AM FM last week and have been pushing it hard since installing it and it has taken 2-3 days of 10hr burns to finally be rid of the smell.

My guess is that you have not pushed it hot enough long enough to burn off all the oils and to cure the paint so that you don't get the smell anymore.

That's my guess.....Good Luck with the new stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.