Englander 25 PDVC Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

erhalt1

Jan 23, 2008
Western Ohio
I did my first clean of the part the needs the bolts loosend, I seen somekind of filter or gasket behind it, does it have to be replaced each time it is clean. Also what happens if you close the upper auger lid a little, does it slow the pellets down?

Thanks

Eric

Eric, I'm not sure what parts you are referring to. Do you mean the burn pot? The bolts that hold that in are on the front of the stove and yes, the gasket needs to be replaced when you remove the pot for an annual cleaning. You shouldn't need to remove the pot for routine cleaning.

If you don't have an owners manual for your stove they are available on line at www.englandsstoveworks.com. They also have a free DVD that shows you a lot about maintenance and repair.

HOW STUPID I AM!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN REMOVING THE BURN POT 2-3 A WEEK AND CLEANING IT!!!!!!!!

MAN AM I DUMB!!!

:p

ROFL! I'll challenge ya for the title of cleanest burn pot on the planet. I removed mine last week, because I thought the gasket might be bad, and while I had it out I cleaned it as well as I could then put the whole thing in the sink and scrubbed it with every cleanser I had in the house. Clean enough to eat off of.....for about 20 minutes. ;-)

You should rig up a little grate that sits over the burn pot and toss a steak on there... Or make a pizza, like they do in those fancy "wood-fired" pizza restraunts. Lemme know when, and I'll bring the fixin's.

Status
Not open for further replies.