1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Englander 25 PDVC Cleaning

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by erhalt1, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erhalt1

erhalt1 New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    I did my first clean of the part the needs the bolts loosend, I seen somekind of filter or gasket behind it, does it have to be replaced each time it is clean. Also what happens if you close the upper auger lid a little, does it slow the pellets down?

Thanks

Eric

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    Yes, closing the restictor plate insinde the hopper will slow the pellets down a bit. You may wish to close it up a little for smaller size pellets to slow the burn rate, or open it a little with longer pellets to allow more of them to feed to the burn pot.
  3. erhalt1

erhalt1 New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    Thanks Packerfan..................
  4. pegdot

pegdot New Member

Loc:
    Upstate, SC
    Eric, I'm not sure what parts you are referring to. Do you mean the burn pot? The bolts that hold that in are on the front of the stove and yes, the gasket needs to be replaced when you remove the pot for an annual cleaning. You shouldn't need to remove the pot for routine cleaning.

If you don't have an owners manual for your stove they are available on line at www.englandsstoveworks.com. They also have a free DVD that shows you a lot about maintenance and repair.
  5. erhalt1

erhalt1 New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    HOW STUPID I AM!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN REMOVING THE BURN POT 2-3 A WEEK AND CLEANING IT!!!!!!!!

MAN AM I DUMB!!!

:p
  6. petejung

petejung New Member

On the bright side, you have the cleanest burn pot on the planet!
  7. erhalt1

erhalt1 New Member

Loc:
    Western Ohio
    ElPedro, that is a fact!
  8. pegdot

pegdot New Member

Loc:
    Upstate, SC
    ROFL! I'll challenge ya for the title of cleanest burn pot on the planet. I removed mine last week, because I thought the gasket might be bad, and while I had it out I cleaned it as well as I could then put the whole thing in the sink and scrubbed it with every cleanser I had in the house. Clean enough to eat off of.....for about 20 minutes. ;-)
  9. petejung

petejung New Member

You should rig up a little grate that sits over the burn pot and toss a steak on there... Or make a pizza, like they do in those fancy "wood-fired" pizza restraunts. Lemme know when, and I'll bring the fixin's.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.