Englander 25-PDVC dirty glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rad3110

Oct 11, 2007
Long Island NY
Im really happy with the performance of my stove this season but I cant seem to keep the glass clean. Add more air or more pellets. Bottom three buttons set at 5 sometimes 6-7-1 flame looks great and stove puts out great heat. happens with all brand pellets. Not a big deal but cosmetically everyone like to see the flame

rad said:
Im really happy with the performance of my stove this season but I cant seem to keep the glass clean. Add more air or more pellets. Bottom three buttons set at 5 sometimes 6-7-1 flame looks great and stove puts out great heat. happens with all brand pellets. Not a big deal but cosmetically everyone like to see the flame
I think you gotta live with a stove that isn`t the greatest for having a clean viewing window .
I use the Rutland glass cleaner on both my stoves glass and it does extend the length of time it stays clean and also makes it easier to wipe down. It provides a smoother surface that isn`t as sticky as without it.

Rad,

a lot of the dirty glass problem seems to be a combo of pellet brand plus heat setting. I have much less problem with most pellets if I'm on the higher (5 or higher) heat settings.

Other than that, I just live with it. Myself, I care about heat more than looks. But if I have company coming over, then I give the glass a cleaning.

BTW, not saying you don't do a good job, but i notice that when the stove is COMPLETELY clean (all ash traps, firebox, exhaust pipes, etc) are clean, the glass stays cleaner a lot longer.

Gio said:
rad said:
I think you gotta live with a stove that isn`t the greatest for having a clean viewing window .
I use the Rutland glass cleaner on both my stoves glass and it does extend the length of time it stays clean and also makes it easier to wipe down. It provides a smoother surface that isn`t as sticky as without it.

X2 on that.
Those units and the bigger 25-pdv do not have a really good air wash system, no matter what you try you will have to learn how to live with that.

Hello

Yes, the higher heat settings makes the air wash work! Low heat settings there is not enough draw.

Hey, this is my 501 st post. I am now Master of Fire !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.