Englander 25 pdvc E2 code mfg 7/05

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slofox

Nov 15, 2014
Mena, Arkansas
I tried starting up my pellet stove in which it burned for 15min then shuts itself off with a E2 code. I looked on line at the trouble codes/hints and was going to see if anyone else has the same issues. The stove starts up, the bottom and top auger move, but then it shuts down after 15 min

Any help is appreciated

I took the inspection plate off the back of the stove and found that the 2 wires going to the igniter were chewed in half by some type of rodent, would this cause the stove to throw a e2 code even though I manually start the stove?

Air on temp is set on 1. As far as the convection blower coming on I'm not really sure. When I light it manually it gets pretty hot and the stove produces a big flame.

I took the inspection plate off the back of the stove and found that the 2 wires going to the igniter were chewed in half by some type of rodent, would this cause the stove to throw a e2 code even though I manually start the stove?

If something chewed on those wires, it could possible chewed on other wires that do matter and could control this. Might want to start a full inspection of all wires.

Reactions: h2ochild
If you face the stove, you should feel air moving from the slots at the top (particularly on the left side) after about 10 mins or so,with a manual lighting. If not, the convection (room blower) is not turning on. The temperature sensor turns that blower on. Definitely check the wiring, as titanracer has suggested. I'd not operate the stove until a full inspection of the wiring is done.

I inspected all of the wiring and only found the two wires to the igniter that was damaged. I went ahead and ordered a new igniter as well as a control board heat sensor (possible cause of the E2 code that is showing). Hopefully those 2 items will fix it

I replaced the heat sensor as well as the combustion starter in which the unit still runs for 20 min and throws a E2 code. Any further recommendations?

Glad to hear you found your issue - Welcome to the forum!

Hope you kept the old parts as back-up...

Status
Not open for further replies.