Englander 25-PDVC Failure to Start error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep getting a E-2 when I try to start up my stove. The fire seems to be burning good and fan comes on but then it shuts down. Checked the error code and in troubleshooting it says the likely issue is a disconnected heat sensor. Can someone tell me where the heat sensor is and how to check it? I just did a hard reset of the board and have it set on mode C and bottom buttons at 6-4-1. Thanks.

The heat sensor is a thermocouple. It is an insulated wire pair that goes from the control board to the back of the firebox. The end attached to the firebox has a ringlug on it that is screwed to the surface. If it is loose or broken, it can't sense the temperature of the box.

edit
If the fan is coming on it is sensing heat so the thermocouple isn't broken but it might be loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.