Englander 25-PDVC - How to remove burn pot?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fletcher

Oct 5, 2008
Southeast Mass
Hello,

We bought a house with a 25-PDVC already installed & I'm doing a cleaning on it (Pretty filthy - I don't think it was ever done).
I cleaned out the combustion blower & replaced gaskets, but the manual also says to remove the burn pot & replace that gasket.

The instructions & diagram in the manual don't give much help in how to actually get the burn pot out, and I don't see any obvious screws or bolts holding it in.

How does the burn pot come out?

Thanks!

Never had mine out of my newer PDV, although there are 2 bolts inder the front ash lip...according to the diagram it looks like you loosen...or take them out...I would give them a good shot of PB nutblaster..."A Great product to loosen bolts"....Check with Englander support..they are more than great with help.

There is a gasket between the pot and the auger...might have to tap it loose...you will need to replace the gasket also...but check with them...I'd hate to stear you wrong...and I'll learn something too...Good luck a keep us posted..

It was those 2 bolts under the ash lip - Thing was just really stuck in there. Gave it a few whacks and it finally popped loose.

Thanks for the help!

fletcher said:
It was those 2 bolts under the ash lip - Thing was just really stuck in there. Gave it a few whacks and it finally popped loose.

Thanks for the help!

Yep, when all else fails, get a bigger hammer (and/or read the directions).

Status
Not open for further replies.