englander 25-pdvc Outside Air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
I bought a used 25-pdvc stove as my second stove. I got a great deal on it and am looking forward to installing it. In the instruction manual it mentions an outside air supply as mandatory. It states that it must be installed. The old owner did have it installed but I failed to take it with me since my other stove does not utilize outside air at all. I was under the assumption that I only needed to use it in a mobile home installation scenario. What should I do?

you'll find hundreds if not thousands of posts on this OAK topic, in general most of us agree to have it installed. Englander does require it and if you call for support they may be asking the question if installed or not.

dhungy said:
I bought a used 25-pdvc stove as my second stove. I got a great deal on it and am looking forward to installing it. In the instruction manual it mentions an outside air supply as mandatory. It states that it must be installed. The old owner did have it installed but I failed to take it with me since my other stove does not utilize outside air at all. I was under the assumption that I only needed to use it in a mobile home installation scenario. What should I do?

Englander instructions almost make it sound like the stove won`t run unless the OAK is installed but it`s no different in than any other pellet stove in that respect. Both my Harman and Englander run the same whether the OAK is connected or not.

dhungy said:
.....The old owner did have it installed but I failed to take it with me since my other stove does not utilize outside air at all. I was under the assumption that I only needed to use it in a mobile home installation scenario.....

So call the owner and see if you can still get the OAK. Can't hurt to ask. No, they are NOT just for mobile homes, although you ARE required to use one if pellet stove is installed in a mobile home.

In general, they can only help the stove and eliminate air infiltration due to the stove blowers causing a negative pressure inside.

turns out he was using a automotive flex pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.