Englander 25 PDVC pellet/blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked for an answer in the forum...can't find one so here I go...

My question isn't about the bottom 3 buttons, I've tweaked those to where I want them.

My question is about the buttons above that - auger on left/blower speed on right. Is there any mechanical or otherwise reason why you have to keep those numbers close to each other? I'm finding that running it at 1 and 4 is great, but it's not the recommended way to do it. Just don't want to do any damage, but can't figure out what the harm would be.

Thanks!

As long as the fuel number is lower than the blower number, everything should be fine. The problem comes when you feed too much fuel and don't have the blower high enough to cool the stove down. You can get into an overheat situation. In the best case, your stove will shut down automatically. In the worst case, you could start to fry components or even worse, start a fire.

Manufacturer recommends keeping the blower at the same setting as the fuel or keeping the blower higher.

Our blower always runs on setting 9, with the fuel varying between 1 on low and 7 on high. Why allow any extra heat to go up the exhaust pipe?

You're good. I run mine at 1-4 and 2-4 very often. As Kofkorn stated, as long as the heat number is lower than the blower speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.