Englander 25-PDVC Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
Manufactured in 2002 on tag I believe. Had it since 2006, maybe used 3 times in garage. So looking at the stove the hose , combustion blower to vacuum switch, was broken, not connected. Also one wire from the switch was not connected to the circuit board. It ran anyways. I connected the wire to the board, connected a temp hose (not high temp for now). I'm looking to sell it. Question is why would the stove run with that wire disconnected ?? It should not correct ?? Thanks

If the wires were routed as the diagram states it should not have run.

Agree. Wonder if the board is defective or was there a jumper terminal, like on the newer ones. There is a J2 terminal between the 2 Vac Sensor terminals, but don't see anything connected there

I found the problem. Previous owner had install a jumper to bypass the vacuum switch. Installed new hose, removed jumper and seems to run fine. However the upper auger bearing needs replacement and the exhaust/combustion flange is corroded.

Attachments

• Englander 25-PDVC Problem
    Englander d.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 84
    Englander F.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 85
    Englander E.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 89