Englander 25-PDVC problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odiep

Dec 21, 2007
West Virginia
I have an Englander 25-PDVC manufactured in 2000. I have written in about in the past so here is my opinion. I still have a still have a stove that doesn't work properly.

really like this stove but it simply doesn't work right. I wrote in about this and the members here asked that I write back about my experience.

I have done everything I can think of. I have done everything I have been told to do by tech support. I have COMPLETELY taken this stove apart and cleaned, rebuilt, changed gaskets...etc. I cannot think why it is using so much fuel.

My initial post was that I couldn't keep it lit. Mike helped me get it going and now it stays lit. But I use 1 40 lb bag in 8 hours on setting 1! I have taken the collar off the auger and made sure that it is set right. I have taken out the exhaust blower and cleaned it and added a new gasket.

I have made every adjustment that I have been told to make to the control board. I have adjusted each setting to try to dial in the correct settings.

I changed out vacuum hoses that were bad. I cannot thin of anything else. I had the stove completely apart again tonight.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to go next? This thing is burning alot of fuel and killing me. It burnt right two years ago. Now it's not worth chit.

I cannot get anyone to reply to me. When I call the manufacturer they tell me that I have wet pellets and that I need a restrictor plate. Is there anyone else having this problem? I love the stove but not the problems that come with it.

odiep said:
I have an Englander 25-PDVC manufactured in 2000. I have written in about in the past so here is my opinion. I still have a still have a stove that doesn't work properly.

really like this stove but it simply doesn't work right. I wrote in about this and the members here asked that I write back about my experience.

I have done everything I can think of. I have done everything I have been told to do by tech support. I have COMPLETELY taken this stove apart and cleaned, rebuilt, changed gaskets...etc. I cannot think why it is using so much fuel.

My initial post was that I couldn't keep it lit. Mike helped me get it going and now it stays lit. But I use 1 40 lb bag in 8 hours on setting 1! I have taken the collar off the auger and made sure that it is set right. I have taken out the exhaust blower and cleaned it and added a new gasket.

I have made every adjustment that I have been told to make to the control board. I have adjusted each setting to try to dial in the correct settings.

I changed out vacuum hoses that were bad. I cannot thin of anything else. I had the stove completely apart again tonight.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to go next? This thing is burning alot of fuel and killing me. It burnt right two years ago. Now it's not worth chit.

I cannot get anyone to reply to me. When I call the manufacturer they tell me that I have wet pellets and that I need a restrictor plate. Is there anyone else having this problem? I love the stove but not the problems that come with it.

awww geez odie , youre still fighting that thing , get back up with me at the shop , if it fed right before it should now, guess we gotta time it out and see what the motors are doing. call me with the rear cover removed , and we'll get this thing nailed down

Status
Not open for further replies.