Englander 25-pdvc room blower issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, this is what I need to do. Can you / someone point me in the right direction in how to do this?

Take some measurements....drill a hole in the approximate center, of where the blower impeller is.

Use a compass, draw a circle, of the size of the impeller opening.

Drill holes, all around the circle you just drew (the metal is a bit too thick for a saber saw, to cut).

File, or grind smooth, the circles sharp edges.

We found some flat, thin, aluminum grate material, at our local Surplus City, no reason hardware cloth wouldn't work, but the stuff we got, looks like it belongs.

Drill four holes, to put some self tapping screws, to secure it. We used 5/16' heads - as that is what a lot of the other screws, are sized.

With a power screwdriver - it takes seconds, to take it off, and put it back on.

Reactions: h2ochild
Just pulled it all apart and cleaned out both blowers
There was some dust on the motor side that I cleaned out

Back up and running now and we shall see what happens with the blower

I'd be surprised, if "some dust" would cause your problem, as the first time we cleaned ours (newbies), our convection blower was nearly completely clogged with kitty hair, and the stove worked - just not much hot air came out.

After it was cleaned, a "woof" of dust came out, when the blower kicked on.

You are sure, the heat sensor wires, are separated?

The hoses aren't cracked / are still connected...particularly, the lower one?

Have you done the "leaf blower trick"?

pull the blower, check the motor housing closely , blow it out with HP air see if this solves the issue, gasket does not have to be replaced on the room fan so its easy peasy out and in

This seems to have solved the issue
Didn't get a whole lot of dust out but it has been running for almost 24 hours with no problems

Status
Not open for further replies.