Englander 25-PDVC Smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default 6-4-1 and 1-2. ran it 3.5 hours and then 1 hour at 1-3. I did notice through paint/oil/metal smell, especially at first, but now it is a pellet smell but no visible smoke coming out anywhere. I probably could have run it hotter but seemed to be working at where I had it. the smell comes out of the room blower. almost tolerable but builds up in an hour. when the stove was on 3.5 hours I thought it had gone away almost.

Run the stove on at least 5/5 to complete the burn off of the oils and paint. If after that smell is gone you're still smelling smoke you may need to silicone your pipes.

I did the black vent caulk in the pipes with a bead or so around inside each, so hopefully that was enough.
I only burned about an eighth of a bag of pellets so maybe a third of a bag more on high (5) should do it u hope. I wonder how long it would take do do it if I just did it for a couple hours a day on regular lower heat...

It sounds like your piping is good to go and shouldn't be leaking. As for burning the oils/paint off slowly, I would personally like to get that smell done and overwith as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.