Englander 25-PDVC Start-Up Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mschulman

Feb 2, 2011
spokane wa
Hi,

I just picked up a 4 year old 25-PDVC to back up my Harmon P-68 to heat my A-frame home. The Harmon was my only heat source and that always worried me, but I got a chance to get the Englander with slate stand for $200.00, so I didnt think I did to bad. Now the problem.. When I hit the start button, it starts up for about 3 seconds, then switches to off and shuts down. When it starts, I dont see an "SU" on the screen, but when it first shuts down, I get an E-2, and when it shuts down completely, an E-1. I am planning on spending some time cleaning it this weekend, but it looks pretty clean now. I looked for loose wirs, but didnt see any. The person I got it from said it was working great last week. I ran that dignostic test and everything seemed to run, but I didnt see the ignitor glowing and did not get the Dashes on the left side readout like it said you should, it stayed blank. If anyone can steer me towards what too look for, that would be great. Tried to get through to Englander, but was on hold for 45 minutes and couldnt stay on, most likely because of the storms back east. Any help would be great. thanks

You really need to get all of the crud out of the stove before even trying it.

Ash has likely fallen into places like the combustion blower cavity, at 4 years you might want to check all of the gaskets.

As was mentioned above, clean the stove COMPLETELY.

If you still have problems, another thing to try is a control board re-set:

1. Unplug stove, and after a few seconds, plug back in.
2. Within 5 seconds, press all 3 bottom buttons at the same time and let go….display should go to “F - 5â€, and then turn off.

Then, reset your bottom 3 button settings. On a PDVC, I think 4-6-1 is the correct settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.