Englander 25-PDVC stops feeding pellets when too hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the mode from a b c d will not change anything when you change modes you have to adjust your feed rate for what mode your in.For example if your stove is 2004 and newer auto igniter? In modes A B if the stove gets to hot it will show E-3 code in C and D it will not. From your description I had a friend that had the same issue his Stove was in the hottest mode C and did the same thing it would die out and come back. After you change the mode you can adjust the low fuel feed which contols the top auger in A and B mode I would use a 4, Low burn air controls your combustion blower in A or B mode go with 5, last air burn temp this controls the room blower keep it at 1 period you change it it will not work. For modes C and D which will not show a E-3 code high temperature 6-4-1.
Good luck your issue is either your mode or heat exchange is dirty and I would guess your mode is not adjusted to meet low fule feed and low burn air settings.

My understanding is that the low fuel feed, low burn air, and air on temp settings only come into play when you set the heat and blower to 2 or lower.

My stove is a 2003 and doesn't have an igniter.

I'm currently running in D mode, 6, 4, 1. It seemed to run fine after cleaning the blowers, it ran for part of the day yesterday and all night, but went thru two bags of pellets and the living room was too hot. In the past, with A mode, 6, 4, 1, (the settings the stove was in when we bought it) we went thru about a bag a day and kept the living room at a comfortable level.

Last edited:
I know this stove inside out, upside down, back to front --- I own one.

I'm happy with mine, we bought it cheap and we ran it for about ten years with little to no problems. It's only in the last two years that we've had any problems. I can't complain too much after years of 24/7 running for 3 months and on and off running for another 1 to 2 months without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.