Englander 25 pdvc stove with a few problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo176

Mar 13, 2015
Gales Ferry, CT
I noticed the other night that my stove was on by itself. So I went to check it and it was off, but the in room fan was blowing air into the room. Soninunpligged it to reset it and as soon as unplug it back in the fan turns back on, any ideas?

Also the stove dies off after a little bit after igniting and gives me a E0 and E2 code. I cleaned the stove well but noticed there was creosole build up n the syove, is that normal.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone

Sounds like the thermal sensor is not functioning so fails to recognize fire is out.

Did you push the off button before pulling the plug . If not that could be the reason the blower started up when you plug it in again . Also sensor wire mounting on the exhaust blower might be loose ,or the connector pulled of at the circuit board.

Hey thanks for the replies guys. Well I cleaned the stove yesterday and had it unplugged for a while. So when I turned the stove on the blower didn't turn on. But when I went to shut it down to clean it the blower stayed on for hours. And did the same thing again and the blower started as soon as I plugged it in. Now the top auger isn't turning. And yes I did hit the off button before unplugging it. It's like as soon as it gets any power to the stove the blower starts even the i don't hit the on button. So now it's not working and it's supposed to be cold tonight

I noticed the other night that my stove was on by itself. So I went to check it and it was off, but the in room fan was blowing air into the room. Soninunpligged it to reset it and as soon as unplug it back in the fan turns back on, any ideas?

Also the stove dies off after a little bit after igniting and gives me a E0 and E2 code. I cleaned the stove well but noticed there was creosole build up n the syove, is that normal.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone
Does the E2 show first and then E0 after you press the on button once? If so this is an improper startup and is common. I read thru the comments and truthfully you should call Englander customer service and get concerns addressed 800-245-6489

Last edited:
Sorry guys it's been a busy few days. So I noticed if I leave the stove unplugged for an hr or so it starts right up no problem. But when I shut it down the fan will just keep running for hrs if I let it. So I have to unplug it and let it sit for a while. If I try to plug it back in too soon the blower turns on again. So I think it may be the heat sensor. Thoughts??

My bet would be the control board is bad

If I run my stove for about eight to ten hours ,and shut it down it takes one to two hours for the convection fan to shut down .Is the exhaust blower inside of where the probe is mounted clean or dose it have ash and soot built up causing the heat not to transfer to probe . The might not be cooling as fast . The convection fan will stop only when it senses the exhaust is cool enough .Just a thought .

The sensor on my stove is attached to the back of the firebox. And the blower stayed on for about 6 hrs one day so the stove was cold. This one is tough to figure out

Reactions: jerl77
Status
Not open for further replies.