englander 25 pdvc vac switch not working!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavin

Nov 16, 2013
sault ontario
i hooked up my new pellet stove a few weeks ago(posted a thread) and a week ago got it wett cert. i ran one bag of pellets perfectly. i shop vaced the stove out and dumped my next bag in and after 20min of run time it would shut itself off and show the E-2 code and then i noticed theres no pellets coming out but the bottom auger is still turning. i cleaned out the hopper and watched the top auger to see if it'd turn and negative. so i tok the back plate off and unbolted the top auger and took it out and shop vaced it to make sure the auger wasnt jammed. i reinstalled the auger and nope still not working. so i disconnected the switch vac and plugged it directly into the circut board to bypass it. i fired up the stove and it runs like a champ now!! now i still have to fix the problem. so with the vac switch not letting the auger turn im either not getting any negative pressure( how do i go about getting the negative pressure, a trouble shoot list would be great) or the switch is junk( is it repairable) so what should i do now? whats my next step?

The vac switch is there to check for air leaking into the fire box. So either you damaged the switch while vacuuming out the stove or, there is a leak (door gasket ?) or the port that connects the switch to the fire box is plugged.

Status
Not open for further replies.