Englander 25-PDVP Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvick29

Nov 20, 2008
SW Pennsylvania
Just stumbled on the forum so first off I'd like to say hello. I have an Englands 25-PDVP pellet stove. I bought it used for 100 bucks because the people had no clue what was wrong with it. The build date is 08-1997 BTW. It came with and extra new auger motor and 10 bags of pellets, so needless to say, I made out like a bandit. The main problem with the stove was the exhaust motor had crapped out, so I ordered on from Englands wonderful support site and installed it. I burned it 2 months last year and so far from october untill now this year. The only probem I'm having with the stove is setting the pellet feed or (low high knob). My stove isnt digital and has 2 knobs on the side. One controls the pellet feed/ exhaust blower and one controls the room blower. If I turn the feed knob all the way to low, 9 times out of 10 the stove will run itself out of pellets. It seems the to auger takes too much time between on periods. I was wondering if anyone else had an older england on here with the knobs and wondered if they ran into the same problem.

I am thinking about attaching a digital wall thermometer to my stove and wondering if this will effect it working properly.

I would assume that like on most analog stove there's a trim pot to adjust the auger feed. If you don't hear from anyone give Englander a call. They have very good support.

Yes they do have very good support. Where is the trim pot located? The low high knob definetly feeds more or less pellets depending on where you set it.

Does Harvick29"s stove rate as "vintage"
I bet Mike would know your answer.

It'll be on the control board, and it'll have an obvious place to use a small screwdriver to turn it. Be gentle with it.

There is no screw on the outside of the control panel. Ill have to look at the inside when I get home.

The stove works great and heats my whole house. Just want to see how efficient I can get it to run. It has its creaks everyone once in a while but I figure for 11 years old she is firing great!

You can replace that analog board for a digital one for a mere $218 + shipping ;-)

I saw that but I can also hook a digital wall thermometer to my analog board ( I think, gotta check to see if it has the jumpers) according to the england website for around 40 bucks. It says all of their pellet stoves can bee hooked to a digital thermostat regardless of year. I guess we'll see. ;-P

Harvick29 said:
I saw that but I can also hook a digital wall thermometer to my analog board ( I think, gotta check to see if it has the jumpers) according to the england website for around 40 bucks. It says all of their pellet stoves can bee hooked to a digital thermostat regardless of year. I guess we'll see. ;-P

Digital or analog thermometer is moot as long as it's rated for the voltage your stove requires. I had my Englander connected to a Rite-Temp 6022 from HD. The stove just uses 2 wires to connect just like my boiler.

I figure I try the wall thermometer first. If It works woohoo. If not Ill get the digital panel and hook the wall thermometer to that. I looked at the owner manual and it didnt say anything about the screw adjustment. I guess Ill have to look when I get home for that.

Oh another thing. I got pellets this summer from Southern states in Western Maryland for 175 a ton. Is this a good deal? They are premium pellets and burn very well.

$175 is a good deal, but prices vary by area. A good deal for me was $224/ton last spring.

Ive found if you buy last year stock in the summer, you get a great deal as long as you have a place to store them all summer. I got 3 tons at that price. Guess I should have got more. Lowest I found anywhere else was 220 bucks. I found the pellet buying thing at the top, sorry for the newb question :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.