Englander 25-pdvp upper auger motor problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelswork

Nov 9, 2010
central TN
ok, I'm gonna do a full service on this thursday but I'm getting a groaning noise from the upper auger area. I noticed it when I put a full bag in the hopper tonight and proceeded to take out the pellets. as I got down about half way, I noticed the noise was no more. Is this a cleaning, greasing issue or is something more gonna be involved? I do have an extra motor but I don't want to jump to conclusions. Was happening more at high feed rates than slower (but I think upper auger controls feed rate right?)

Thanks again guys

My Englander 25- has done that before and I think it was caused from to many fines building up in the auger shaft so after the pellets were almost empty in the hopper I vacuum as tight as I could down by the auger and it came out of it.

I did an exhaustive cleaning yesterday and noticed the bearing is toast! There were no Hopper lid latches on this when I got it, thus causing some back burn into the upper auger area which I think caused the bearing failure.

joelswork said:
I did an exhaustive cleaning yesterday and noticed the bearing is toast! There were no Hopper lid latches on this when I got it, thus causing some back burn into the upper auger area which I think caused the bearing failure.

I think a replacement bearing AND new latches should be on an order to Englander ASAP.

Latches are on now, previous owner had them new in bag...but it don't help if they ain't on the stove :) new bearing being ordered tonight, still running just a bit of extra play

Status
Not open for further replies.