Englander 25-puf adjustments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Rappley

Sep 22, 2012
Amboy , Illinois
Hello , in a newbie to pellet stoves, I just purchased an englander 25-puf , was very easy to install , after a few days of running it had a black soot build up inside, and all over the glass, I also installed the fresh air kit that came with the unit, I've read other posts that talk about adjusting the settings , ie 1-5-1 , can someone explain these to me ?

Hi, I'm surprised no-one has answered you yet. The settings that those posts are talking about are controlled by the bottom three buttons on the control board and from left to right they are, low fuel feed (controls the amount of fuel that is fed at the low output settings and is factory set at 1), low burn air (controls the combustion blower speed at low output settings and I believe it is factory set at 4), and air on temp (controls the stove temperature that turns on the room blower on and is factory set at 1 and should always be left at that). Unless your having problems with the stove going out or unburnt pellets building up in the burn pot I'd leave those settings where they are.

The soot build up can be caused by many different things and may be normal for this time of year depending on how you run the stove. As the outside temps get colder and the stove gets cranked up to higher heat settings it will burn cleaner. I don't believe the the air wash system is very strong on Englander stoves either, so as long as your flame is bright and lively it's probably just the way it's going to be till it gets colder outside.

Ok thanks, I did adjust the low burn to 3 and the soot build up went away, it burns hot , I did find a few things that where causing air leaks like the covers to the left and right side of the burn pot where you sweep the ash's into the tray, they where not bent at a 90 deg angle and was blowing air into the ash tray, contacted englander and they where very helpful, also have an auger problem , it was made to short and doesn't push the pellets into the pot like they should, it's very speratic, so I believe there sending a longer one, but all things considered its a great stove , easy to clean and gets very hot, had it set on 3 Friday night when we went to bed and when I got up the house was at 81 deg , OMG,

Status
Not open for further replies.