Englander 25 puf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rellimd

Jan 25, 2009
Western Pa
I have an Englander 25 puf, upon start up the stove works fine but after 20-30 minutes it seems the stove goes into a type of standby mode the fire burns and pellets keep feeding but barely keeping the stove running. Last owner had a thermostat connected but just cut the wires off could this be the problem or is this a programming issue. PLEASE HELP

Thank You this sounds like that is the problem, I just want to make sure i am putting jumper on right terminals. It mentions two different numbers J-18 and J-3 do you know if these are just the same terminals on two different makes of stove? i believe the jumper just bypasses the thermostat again thanks for your help i just want to make sure.

rellimd said:
Thank You this sounds like that is the problem, I just want to make sure i am putting jumper on right terminals. It mentions two different numbers J-18 and J-3 do you know if these are just the same terminals on two different makes of stove? i believe the jumper just bypasses the thermostat again thanks for your help i just want to make sure.
That could very well be the case, perhaps there has been a factory change. I don't have any first hand experience with a thermostat but saw the info in my 25PDVC on how to install one. As I understand it the thermostat merely closes the circuit and the jumper accomplishes the same thing. Based upon what I read, wherever the thermostat was connected should be replaced with a jumper wire to operate without one. Perhaps someone else could shed some light on the different terminal numbers or contact Englander Tech if this doesn't work. They will probably need to know the model and serial of your stove.
Make sure to start the stove on 5-5 and manually adjust to suit yourself. Do not leave on the 9-9 thermostat recommended setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.