Englander 25-pvd black smoke. HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremygrimm

Dec 16, 2014
Malvern, ohio
Hey all. I have an englander 25 pvdc 2001. I can't get rid of the black smoke. I'm running on 7 feed rate. I have a lot of black smoke. Is it because I'm running it so high? I've smelled exhaust and had horrible lazy flames. Changed the combustion motor. Got great flame now but still have black smoke. I don't know what to do. I replaced the seal around my glass.. maybe the door seal needs replaced but I don't think it does. It looks good. . Please. Any advice would be great. The black smoke smells horrible also. It doesn't smell like burned wood.

Well, when was the last time you cleaned the stove and the vent? Explain how you have it vented to

How long did it take to start doing this?
Are you using a new pellet brand?
Other than cleaning the vent, have you checked that the air intake is clear?

How long did it take to start doing this?
Are you using a new pellet brand?
Other than cleaning the vent, have you checked that the air intake is clear?
Yes. I think it was a start up issue. I think I have it figured out now.... I think that it just does that on c mode when on 9 feed rate. I turned it down to 6 and now I'm fine.

Yes. I think it was a start up issue. I think I have it figured out now.... I think that it just does that on c mode when on 9 feed rate. I turned it down to 6 and now I'm fine.

Level 6 is as high as I run my Englander but not too often and usually to get the heat from a poor quality pellet. Good pellets make the same or more heat on level 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.