englander 25 pvd No pellet control help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy jeff

Dec 12, 2010
indianapolis
I have a 2003 englander 25 pvd. I live in a 600 sq ft mobile home. My trailer is way to hot. I have to turn it off to keep us from opening the door to cool down. 1 bag in 6 hours. I have tried setting the feed rate to 1 and blower to 1. I have tried setting the factory settings to 1 2 1 and still the same result. occationally i have seen a small pellet feed but directly after that its all high fire from their. Pellets feed like the settings are are 9. I did a control panel reboot by turning the stove off then on and holding the 3 bottom buttons. reset the stove to lff 6 lba 4 and aot 1. After reset i fired the stove up, it feed so many pellets it was hitting the glass and a flame that completely covered the glass. could not see the back of the firebox.
I have not attempted any repairs on this unit. I have however made repairs to a quad classic. I did notice just after the last time i fired this up, that the lower auger appears to be forward more into the firebox area. Maybe i never noticed it before. Not sure. does this auger have a set screw that holds it to the motor shaft....not sure what to do. this problem was a gradual process till today with the fire from hell.

I can't help you, but I'll bump this Topic so that someone who can will see it.

Best of luck with it Jeff

i believe there is a coller at the bearing with an allen set screw that holds the auger in,
on mine the auger is flush with the end of the tube. there is a heat range setting on
these a,b,c,d, a being the coldest. what is yours set to? does the auger motor cycle
on and off or does it just run all the time? almost sounds like the stove is to big for
your house ???

no abcd settings. just 1-9 on the fuel feed 1-9 on the blower and lff lba and aot buttons on the bottom. auger does cycle. true it is big for the square feet , but 1 bag in 6-8 hours is not right. i think its the board.

jazzy jeff said:
I have a 2003 englander 25 pvd. I live in a 600 sq ft mobile home. My trailer is way to hot. I have to turn it off to keep us from opening the door to cool down. 1 bag in 6 hours. I have tried setting the feed rate to 1 and blower to 1. I have tried setting the factory settings to 1 2 1 and still the same result. occationally i have seen a small pellet feed but directly after that its all high fire from their. Pellets feed like the settings are are 9. I did a control panel reboot by turning the stove off then on and holding the 3 bottom buttons. reset the stove to lff 6 lba 4 and aot 1. After reset i fired the stove up, it feed so many pellets it was hitting the glass and a flame that completely covered the glass. could not see the back of the firebox.
I have not attempted any repairs on this unit. I have however made repairs to a quad classic. I did notice just after the last time i fired this up, that the lower auger appears to be forward more into the firebox area. Maybe i never noticed it before. Not sure. does this auger have a set screw that holds it to the motor shaft....not sure what to do. this problem was a gradual process till today with the fire from hell.

After you did the control reboot (reset) the stove automatically reverted to heat mode a (at least on my 2008 model, it does ) This could be the problem. Keep this in mind: heat mode is not the same as heat range.
Try this:
The stove must be cold, Unplug the stove ,plug back in and quickly depress and hold for a couple seconds (both at the same time) the up and down fan blower buttons . You should be seeing a letter d in the top left box. If not , depress either the up or down button below to set it at d mode.
You should now have much better control of the heat range settings. However if your top auger isn`t cycling on/off your board could be bad.
If the above doesn`t work call tech support.

Gio said:
..... Unplug the stove and quickly depress and hold for a couple seconds .......

After unplugging the stove, it must be plugged back in, THEN quickly depress and hold..........

imacman said:
Gio said:
..... Unplug the stove and quickly depress and hold for a couple seconds .......

After unplugging the stove, it must be plugged back in, THEN quickly depress and hold..........
Thanks Macman. I fixed that omission.

Phatty said:
thanx for the correction Gio

it sounded right in my little world :)
No problem Phatty, macman had to clarify my response too.

Phatty said:
i believe there is a coller at the bearing with an allen set screw that holds the auger in,
on mine the auger is flush with the end of the tube. there is a heat range setting on
these a,b,c,d, a being the coldest. what is yours set to? does the auger motor cycle
on and off or does it just run all the time? almost sounds like the stove is to big for
your house ???

Could you explain the heat range setting alittle more. If i wanted the stove to use less pellets, would i set it on a or d? Geussing d but not sure. Is there any other way to set it to burn less pellets?

kcin said:
Phatty said:
your house ???

Could you explain the heat range setting alittle more. If i wanted the stove to use less pellets, would i set it on a or d? Geussing d but not sure. Is there any other way to set it to burn less pellets?

the abcd settings arn't heat range settings they are stove mode settings each one is for a different model stove. englander uses that board in many of their different model stoves..I beleave your model should be set to d to run properly

imacman said:
Gio said:

if the board is a "non igniter" board the procedure is different may require 2 people if the plug is on th eother side of the stove , the up and down blower speed buttons are held in while the stove is being plugged in , in other words, unplug , press AND HOLD the up and down blower speed buttons , plug in WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THE BUTTONS then once its plugged in ,let go of the blower speed buttons and set the abcd mode with the heat range up or down. then tap the "on " button twice to lock it in

we simplified this to the current method in 2004 but if the Op's board is origional PU-CB98 board he needs to follow the steps ive laid out to change mode

Status
Not open for further replies.