Englander 25-PVDC AUGER GREASE FITTINGS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I got curious and took off the back panel of my Englander 25-PVDC stove and to my surprise I saw a grease fitting on each of the auger shafts. The manual says the auger shafts bearings are self sealed and never need lubrication.
Anyone else encounter these fittings and if so is special high temp grease needed?
My stove was MFG in July 08

pelletizer said:
I got curious and took off the back panel of my Englander 25-PVDC stove and to my surprise I saw a grease fitting on each of the auger shafts. The manual says the auger shafts bearings are self sealed and never need lubrication.
Anyone else encounter these fittings and if so is special high temp grease needed?

Pelletizer,

I'd shoot an email off to Mike Holten and ask him. [email protected]

I went and took a second look and yup they are grease fittings complete with plastic dust caps,
I scrolled through the Engalander video and it does show them in the clip on auger motor removal.
must be something new I guess?

Reese Eshun said:
.....hopefully the plastic caps keep the grease from evaporating / drying thru the grease fitting hole

Grease doesn't dry out or evaporate. The caps are to keep dirt out of the fitting's little ball check valve. Same cap on my lawn tractor front spindles.

I sent Mike Holton an e-mail (thx macman) I will let you know what he says. man my spelling stinks!

pelletizer said:

I asked Englander tech this 3 years ago when I first bought my stove. They told me that lubrication wasn't necessary due to the very slow speed. Please let us know what you are told.

Panhandler said:
pelletizer said:

I asked Englander tech this 3 years ago when I first bought my stove. They told me that lubrication wasn't necessary due to the very slow speed. Please let us know what you are told.

I was told the same thing last year when I ased them.

Status
Not open for further replies.