Englander 25-PVDC fasco motor rotom replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeporter

Jan 28, 2016
Belwood Ontario canada
Hey I have an Englander 25-PVDC stove. I was having issues with clinkers and other stuff . I replaced the original motor it was a fasco
7121-1159E for the combustion blower
I replaced it with a Rotem HB-RBM120 blower.
Dropped right in. I don't think the replacement motor is compatable with the variable speed. It's a cheaper motor I know. I wanted to get the original one but with the overpriced motors plus the exchange rate Canadian vs US with shipping on top of that I didn't want to get a motor and find out it wasn't the problem. I replaced the bearings in the original motor and it was better but still not that great. With the Rotem motor I have clear glass for over a week. Not the usual 2 hours of clear glass then black. Plus the burn pot isn't getting jammed with un burnt pellets. It actually was getting so bad it was puffing sparks out the OAK intake outside. Yikes. I have run for a week with this new motor it's working great except I am wondering if I am blowing a ton of heat up the chimney.
Also has anyone seen a replacement blower wheel for this combustion blower? Hopefully this works here's a picture of the stove running on 3.
Thanks everyone.
Mike

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 184
wondering if I am blowing a ton of heat up the chimney.
If the motor does not vary speed, you may have heat loss out the chimney... Doesn't the control panel regulate voltage sent to the motor to vary speed?

I remember it being said that englanders combustion fans run at 80% and then just step up from there with the settings. Even the motors "that arent recomended for speed control" are controllable down to a certain voltage. If its working i wouldnt worry too much

If the volts or amps your putting to a motor is not correct and not designed for it you will know quite quick.. The motor will over heat and shut off or die.. So ya if it's still running your good

Status
Not open for further replies.