Englander 25-PVDC for $500. Good Buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyru007

Apr 15, 2008
Central Maine
I've been looking for a small pellet stove to supliment heating a 1700 SF cape. An aquaintance has a 2006 25-PDVC which they used for about 1 year. Looks to be in very good to almost new condition. Want's $500 for the stove and piping. Stove was too small for thier use. Is this a fair price for this stove?

I have the same stove and it works very well to heat my home. At $500 it's a good deal IMHO, if it all works properly.

I picked up a couple summers heat versions of the same stove in January at Lowes 1/2 price blowout at $599 each & I get the full warranty on them. So yes the price on the 25-PVDC is good relative to retail, but you get no warranty. If it's clean & the included pipe is something suitable for your application, it's worth it . Still better than paying full price this fall.
Just my .02, your mileage may vary.............

Decided that it was too good a deal to pass up. The stove tested fine and appears to be in very good conditions. The original owner said he put less than 2 ton of pellets through it. Sold me the pellet stove including the chimney kit plus the last 40lb bag of pellets out of a ton that he had purchased. Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to install it in my house. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.