1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Englander 25-PVDC for $500. Good Buy?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tyru007, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tyru007

tyru007 New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I've been looking for a small pellet stove to supliment heating a 1700 SF cape. An aquaintance has a 2006 25-PDVC which they used for about 1 year. Looks to be in very good to almost new condition. Want's $500 for the stove and piping. Stove was too small for thier use. Is this a fair price for this stove?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I have the same stove and it works very well to heat my home. At $500 it's a good deal IMHO, if it all works properly.
  3. Arnold

Arnold Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    I picked up a couple summers heat versions of the same stove in January at Lowes 1/2 price blowout at $599 each & I get the full warranty on them. So yes the price on the 25-PVDC is good relative to retail, but you get no warranty. If it's clean & the included pipe is something suitable for your application, it's worth it . Still better than paying full price this fall.
    Just my .02, your mileage may vary.............
  4. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    The pipe is probably worth over $100 as well. Seems like a great deal to me.
  5. petejung

petejung New Member

That's a good price. Go for it.
  6. Tailrace

Tailrace New Member

Loc:
    Bullville NY
    I agree, jump all over that deal!
  7. tyru007

tyru007 New Member

Loc:
    Central Maine
    Decided that it was too good a deal to pass up. The stove tested fine and appears to be in very good conditions. The original owner said he put less than 2 ton of pellets through it. Sold me the pellet stove including the chimney kit plus the last 40lb bag of pellets out of a ton that he had purchased. Now I just need to figure out where I'm going to install it in my house. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.