englander 25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freezin

Dec 26, 2011
ny
i am having an issue with my englander 25pdvc stove. here is what it is doing the upper auger only turns a fraction of a rotation every time it kicks on.i took a meter and put it on the board where the wires going out to the motor are and it went to 120volts for less than a second with the feed speed on two.so my questions are 1. if the vacuum switch is supposed to shut the power to the upper auger does that mean no power at all.2.is there any thing that is replacable on the board that tells the upper auger how long to stay on.

Is this stove new to you (used) or new out of the box?? It sound to me like the feed rate is extremely low.
What is the lff (button on lower left corner) set to? it should be on 4 or 5

The lower auger runs constantly. The upper auger only turns a fraction of a turn (based on heat setting). The higher the heat setting. The more it turns.

On level 9 it only stops for a little bit. On level 1 it only turns a little and off for a longer amount of time.

The bottom auger runs from startup till the stove has shut down. When the control sees a problem or the off button is pressed the top motor will remain off. when the stove is on the upper motor will be pulsed depending on how the feed rate is set.

Watching the fire pot: What problem are you seeing?

Edit: burpped while I was typing.

there are three buttons on the bottom of the control panel,the manuel says they are factory settings that need no adjustment.the one on the bottom left says low fuel feed,the middle one says low burn air the right one says air on temp.the stove is a 1999 model it was in the house when we moved in in 2004.it has worked preatty good for the last few years,only had to replace the lower auger motor once.

the ploblem is the stove runs for a half of an hour and then goes out. i've been running at the same settings for years

What does the flame look like? is it lazy?

Are you a Woodfibers inc or inferno pellet victom?
Woodfibers pellets don't put out enough heat on low to keep the exhaust sensor seeing enough heat to keep the pvd25 thinking that you have pellets burning.
I've heard that inferno pellets are almost as bad.

When was the last time the stove was taken apart and given a COMPLETE cleaning? Have you checked and made sure the vacuum hose, or the hose barb it connects to on the stove is clear and not blocked by ash?

If the hose is clear, try jumping the vacuum switch leads and see if the auger runs.

imacman said:
When was the last time the stove was taken apart and given a COMPLETE cleaning? Have you checked and made sure the vacuum hose, or the hose barb it connects to on the stove is clear and not blocked by ash?

If the hose is clear, try jumping the vacuum switch leads and see if the auger runs.

Imacman has some good info and may be onto something. Now... About your cleaning....

Have you ever removed the combustion blower and cleaned from there up to the firebox (behind impingement plate)?

What does your cleaning regimen include? And how often do you do it?

i ran the stove again just to make sure i didnt miss an error code, and realized that the blower motor( not the combustion motor) was not running ,so i tapped it with the flashlight and it kicked on.it has been running for almost two hours.so i know a new blower motor is in the near future. thank you to everyone who posted i appreciate it

freezin said:
....i tapped it with the flashlight and it kicked on.it has been running for almost two hours.so i know a new blower motor is in the near future......

Not necessarily. When was the last lubrication done on the blower motor?

I don't see how this would be the problem, I mean without having an error code displayed...high temp??

E-3: Over temperature limit: This unit has the ability to moderate itself should the unit attain too high a temperature. In some cases the unit will display an E-3 and go into a cool down sequence, in other cases the top auger will be interrupted until the unit has cooled enough that it deems itself safe to continue running.

Common causes for E-3 codes (check these; more information is below this):

1. Dirty stove: As ash builds in the unit, it slows down the flow of air through it; this allows more heat to build in the unit before the exhaust leaves the stove.

2. Plugged or inoperable room fan:

Status
Not open for further replies.